Rap Cool Health™ is an innovative program that empowers children and teens to take charge of their health through Obesity and Diabetes prevention. Using the power of Hip Hop music, the program targets African American children in fourth through sixth grade. The modules are designed to maximize retention, impact behavior, and reach both students and their families. This program incorporates the best practices of existing health prevention programs, proven behavior change strategies, and outcomes assessments. Clear, concise messages are integrated into a program where children sing, dance, role-play and interact with presenters.
Rap Cool Health™ is based on a research-proven program that teaches children healthy living messages.
Rap Cool Health™ Goals:
Using hip hop music, educate children to recognize the following:
• Children can impact their own health and the health of their family.
• Obesity can be prevented and reduced with easy, fun behavior changes.
• Diabetes is preventable and treatable.
• Never ever start smoking.
• Exercise can be fun.
• You can prevent a heart attack or stroke.
To learn more about this groundbreaking educational program, contact Diane Mulligan at 720-273-0927 or email Diane.